Senior UX Designer
For the past 28 years, Intrepid has been taking small groups on real life experiences that give back to the places and people we visit. Now the world's largest provider of adventure travel experiences, we cater for all ages, budgets, and appetites for adventure through Adventure Tours Australia, Geckos Adventures, Intrepid Travel, Peregrine Adventures and Urban Adventures.
Working in travel is a nice perk. An even better one is knowing that the work you do matters. Globally renowned as a leader in responsible travel, Intrepid Group has been a carbon-neutral business since 2010 and was the first global travel company to end elephant riding. The Intrepid Foundation, our not-for-profit, has raised $5m AUD for over 75 local and international charities by matching traveller donations dollar-for-dollar.
Our customers’ experience is of the utmost importance to us. Reporting to the UX Manager you will be part of a UX team who are also passionate about UX and the role that UI plays in our ongoing digital transformation. The key responsibility of the role is delivering the best user interfaces ever on our digital platforms. The role will include developing wireframes, prototypes, user journeys, site maps, visual and UI designs & process flows of concepts for user testing, review & implementation – managing the design tasks of innovative projects from conception through to delivery.
As the Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team; providing skills-based mentorship and guidance as well as day-to-day line management activities including regular one-on-one’s, onboarding & recruiting designers
Who are you?
- Tertiary qualification in graphic design, web design, human computer interaction or similar.
- 4+ years in a UI/UX role.
- Proficient in Sketch and Invision.
- Experience creating or maintaining a design system.
- Experience mentoring & developing a UX team.
- Strong understanding of web accessibility guidelines is essential.
- Strong knowledge of user-centred, usability and interaction design principles.
- A strong working knowledge of information architecture, wire-framing and rapid prototyping.
- Understanding of web and mobile languages, HTML and CSS.
- Experience working on responsive, adaptive and inclusive devices from desktop to multi touch.
- Experience working in a lean Agile/Scrum development environment and JIRA.
- Google Analytics, A/B and usability testing experience a bonus.
What will you be doing?
- Developing wireframes, prototypes, user journeys, site maps, visual and UI designs & process flows of concepts for user testing, review & implementation – managing the design tasks of innovative projects from conception through to delivery.
- Provide leadership and sense of support to the UX team.
- Assist in establishing, promoting and maintain UI & UX design best practice and guidelines across the business.
Applications close 22 October 2018
Please view the job description for more information